The CiviCRM Starter Kit Distribution on Drupal.org combines a minimized version of CiviCRM with Drupal core, several popular contrib modules, and several CiviCRM specific modules. All of this is packaged into a single download which makes quick work of getting a new CiviCRMs site up and running w/ Drupal (Download and Install the Current Versions of Drupal and CiviCRM < 10 minutes). While this is great for new sites, this presentation will focus on the advantages of an migrating existing site to a distribution and the future of the CiviCRM Starter Kit including;
- Why CiviCRM Usage Numbers Matter on Drupal.org
- Update Status Alerts When CiviCRM is Updated
- Benefits of Hundreds of Sites Using the Same Versions of Several Modules
- How to Migrate an Existing Site to a Distribution
- Building on Layers - Overriding the Distributions Version of Modules and Extensions
- Running the CiviCRM Starter Kit Distribution on Pantheon
- Reducing the Duplicate Code... Should CiviCRM use Drupal's Libraries?
- Looking forward to Drupal 8, Symphony, and Potential of Building the CiviCRM Starter Kit on a smaller Drupal version of Drupal.